Thursday, June 9, 2011

Awkward and Awesome



Awkward:

You know that classic story...goes something like this "Run, Run, Run as fast as you can. You cant catch me I'm the gingerbread man" 
For one....weird little childrens rhyme.....and why have I been repeating it over and over in my head.
Second...who is chasing a gingerbread man anyways??
I say all of that to say.........
third. I will be running on Saturday in the Helvetia half marathon. But I will not be running the half I will be running the 10k..in my terms its 6miles. I would be afraid to see how I would "run to save my life" ...I know I know adrenalin sets in and helps propel you..SO HERE IS MY NEW THOUGHT....think someone is out to get me..to hunt me down and get me just maybe my speed will increase. (weird that I think like that)
fourth: Not having blinds in our house.....can you say "Hello Neighbors" 
fifth: learning how to plant 1 single little flower plant (seriously i do not even know the lingo) .....I am pretty sure I had more dirt on me then the ground. . . Being a home owner =kicking my behind! 
See that little white flower in front there....ya that's what I planted...took me a long while and it looks so lonely. 
fifth: spending 2 1/2 hours watering my yard ..at one point the water coming out of the hose was warmer then it was outside..and i decide to start these projects at 9pm....that's right baby 11.30 was done. and you may be thinking..."why didn't you buy a sprinkler?" Good question...."we are new at this....and so I stood there moving from one spot to the next watering my LARGE YARD!!!

Awesome:
1. Happy half day of work for me beginning TODAY. (now until September)
3. I will be running on Saturday in the Helvetia half marathon. But I will not be running the half I will be running the 10k..in my terms its 6miles. 
 *please note I did use this last one in both my Awkward and Awesome Column, because I view it as both!
 4. It is my 1 year anniversary on Sunday June 12th.Husband and I are going for a couples massage and then a surprise date day . We will be going to Disneyland in October so that is our big celebration.
5. My sister is graduating on Sunday from College and we are hosting her graduation party!!
6. I got feathers for my hair!! oh man I am so excited, thank you Alicia!
7. Having a yard to water, being a home owner...nothing more exciting! 

 * A nice 70 Degree Day here in good ole Molalla. 
Sweater: Gap (thrifted- DI) - $2.99
Scarf : Urban Outfitters -$12.99
Jeans: American Eagle Skinny - $29.99
Shoes : ANA - Macy - $7.99 ( a Rocking Deal)

My adorable Hayden Hernandez. at our BBQ on Saturday! Man I love this kid.


Nic & Cole

2 comments:

  1. Hey! We're going to get a couple's massage as part of our anniversary date night out too! Great minds (who picked the same wedding date) really do think alike! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the feeling of no blinds in the house. Our bedroom was the first to get them:) And the part about planting flowers for the first time... all thumbs!

    ReplyDelete