Monday, April 9, 2012

My First DIY clothing!

My Little Matching Day.

Husband and i are not real big on the hole matchy match thing *well I will be hones,t its more husband  than I, I am a sappy girl that likes to match my lover. But on holidays its the only time we are allowed to match so I went all out this Easter!!





Shoes- On loan from my sis in law / Skirt- Made by Me / Shirt-Ambercrombi / Necklace-Gifted



*Oh he is super sexy!!


He wore his DIY Tie that I made for him all day and wore it proud. I am so in love with this fabric i may have purchased a few extra to many yards....So you may see a few more pieces from it. Its imported cotton from Italy and was on sale...for 1.99 a YARD...Hello could not pass that up. It was exactly what I have been looking for to make a skirt like this! Making it was not too hard...I took apart an old skirt that i didn't like used that as a pattern (worked out wonderful) made 1 practice skirt before I used the good material and then bam went for it. Husbands tie was a little harder since I couldn't take apart one of his Ties to practice so I viewed it while I made it, (no ties where harmed in the making of his new one)!!



We had such a great Easter, celebrating with our family and church family. Good food watched Bubba Watson bring home his first Green Coat at the masters, took Hound Dog on a walk, cleaned the garage , back yard. Big full day!!!

I am headed on a field trip with a sweet special little 3rd Grader today, we are going to Fran's bakery  for a tour and hopefully free samples...:) I was instructed by Howie (the third grader) multiple times... "now Nic and Cole remember no jewelery, no open toes shoes, no high heels....you CANT WEAR THAT" The kid is pretty worried I will be all fancied out to go to Fran's.....I promised him I would obey the rules and not make a spectacle of myself!!

Nicole

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe you made that skirt and tie! You guys look great! I'm not usually a fan of matchy matchy couples, but I think you have just the right amount!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh Frans was so yummy today! Had me a good time chatting with you while we tried not to get sick on the bus!!

    ReplyDelete